ThermoKeeper Pie and Cake Shippers is a thermally sound foam-free temperature-control shipping system made with environmentally preferable insulating materials.
The inner film surface of the ThermoKeeper liner is perforated to allow unwanted moisture condensation to migrate away from the payload area and be absorbed into the inner cotton insulation pad. The inner and outer poly film layers are reversible and contain a patented additive that promotes biodegradability in plastics in a little greater that one year as tested by ASTM 5511. Sandwiched between the inner and outer films and sealed on all sides is a proprietary biodegradable cotton insulation pad made from recycled purified, flocked textiles. These fibers are super-absorbent and contain a special programed antimicrobial to help prevent possible cross contamination. ThermoPod’s cotton enhanced insulation padding is completely biodegradable and meets the current FTC Green Guideline requirements for biodegradability by passing ASTM D-6400 testing.
This unique two part system fits snuggly into a protective corrugated outer box and when combined with the strategic placement of the refrigerant, makes the ThermoKeeper Pie and Cake Shipper an ideal thermal protective shipping system not only for Pies and Cakes; but also, other temperature sensitive food products. The ThermoKeeper insulation liners can be custom sized and made to fit your own shipping box at no additional charge.
What sets our ThermoKeeper Pie and Cake Shipper apart from foam- type shipping containers is:
- Added PROTECTION – One and a half inches of soft, cotton enhanced fiber insulation provides superior cushioning on all sides to help prevent damage to the pie or cake during the rigors of shipping.
- Consistent TEMPERATURE CONTROL - The strategic placement of our phase-change refrigerant, located under the pie or cake, always remains in direct contact with the bottom of the pie or cake plate for superior cooling yet does not allow damage if the pie or cake inadvertently undergoes some thawing because of unforeseen delays in shipping or pick-up.
- Less STORAGE space- ThermoKeeper Pie & Cake Shippers are shipped flat to you for considerable savings on inbound freight and require far less warehouse space for additional savings and convenience.
- No DAMAGE - ThermoKeeper Pie & Cake Shippers experience zero damage or loss, either during shipment or in storage, caused from cracking, chipping, splitting or other damage that can occur with foam coolers.
- Longer SHIPPING times - Superior insulation qualities and extended duration times allow you to ship using 2nd day freight, thus avoiding the expense of priority, overnight costs.