PTAB is a perforated poly wrapped protective, thermal, absorbent, insulating blanket designed for use in conjunction with other thermal protection packaging to enhance and increase the duration of various phase change materials inside a closed thermal container. PTAB’s can be manufactured to any custom size and designed to fit snugly to the inner edges of various sized thermal containers or undersized to allow for conditioned air flow. They offer payload cushioning, additional thermal duration, and absorption protection in cases of unwanted condensation or accidental payload leakage. Additional PTAB’s can be strategically placed to offer supplemental protection throughout the thermal container and eliminate unwanted empty space. PTAB’s can be made to a variety of thickness and densities designed to meet your specific packaging requirements.
The insulating material that makes up the inner core of the PTAB pad is made from a proprietary blend of directional carded fibers which contain an antimicrobial agent, special absorbing fibers, and recycled, purified, flocked biodegradable cotton enhanced textiles. These fibers are thermally blended to offer the ideal density and thickness necessary to attain maximum desired thermal qualities. The insulation is enclosed in a perforated poly film that is heat sealed on all four edges and contains a patented additive that promotes biodegradation in plastics in greater that one year as tested by ASTM 5511.
- Protective Cushion – variable thickness and densities available for custom protection
- Additional Thermal Barrier – offers ideal separator between frozen and refrigerated shipments
- Optional Poly Film – perforated for moisture control or solid for dry ice shipments
- Absorbent Fibers – Biodegradable cotton enhanced insulation fibers, as tested by ASTM D-6400, offer super absorption protection against unwanted condensation
- Custom Sized and Thickness – at no additional charge